Full-Time RN Operating Room Circulator
Kimball Health Services located in Kimball, NE. is currently seeking a Full-Time RN Operating Room Circulator to join our team. Kimball Health Services is a 15 bed CAH located in western Nebraska and just short distance from the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We offer a number of in house services along with specialty services with a growing surgical business.
The Registered Nurse Operating Room Circulator is responsible for collaborating with the physicians and staff to devise individualize care plans for patients: assist surgeons during operations circulation, pre-op and post-op; observe and monitor patient’s condition and assess their needs, communicate to the physicians to provide the best possible care continuing to developing and implementing best practices for exceptional patient care.
- Assist in OR and provide OR-related duties when needed including circulating and recovery.
- Assist OR team as needed including, but not limited to: surgeon, Anesthesia Provider, and surgical technician.
- Prepare operating room for both patients and procedure(s), ensuring it is prepared with all necessary supplies, implants, instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform nursing tasks as they arise and proactively as needed, demonstrating clinical competency, including but not limited to starting IVs, administering medications, setting up sterile field, and performing equipment disinfection and sterilization all according to designated procedures.
- Collaborate with staff, physicians, and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of patient care including but not limited to:
- Assess patient condition before surgery.
- Position the patient on the operating table pre-and during surgery.
- Escorting patients to recovery post-operation.
- Conduct pre- and post-operative education for patients, with continued guidance as necessary.
- Monitor patients’ physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum, including but not limited to monitoring vitals, drain out-put, and post-operative complications.
- Inventory all operative items both pre- and post-surgery, keeping accurate and detailed records.
- Act as a source of information and resource for recovering patients, responding accurately to questions, providing guidance and education about the treatment plan, recovery plan of care, and medications.
- Record all details of operation, including names and titles of those performing surgery, tools used, amount of medication and or anesthetic a patient received, and duration of surgery. Record all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety protocols established by KHS, OSHA and HIPAA compliance.
- Work and communicate as a team-player while exhibiting the utmost professionalism and positivity.
Full-Time RN Operating Room Circulator for Plastics, General and Endo
Flexible work schedule with No Call
Competitive Pay and Great Benefits
Candidate must have at least 1 year circulating duties experience. Experience including scrubbing, pre and post op duties are a plus but not necessary.
Kimball Health Services is an EOE
Position Type: Full Time
Phone: 308-235-1952 ext. 284